Pinterest

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sir William the Dragon

I invented Sir William when I was seventeen. He's stayed with me ever since, and now I get to bring him back in the form of a painting on canvas, to be created live at a fundraiser auction for Paideia Academy, an outstanding public charter school in Apple Valley.

Sketch for Sir William, ink and watercolor on paper, by Tracie Thompson
The event hours are 5:30 to 7:45 pm (close of silent auction) at 7200 West 147th Street,Apple Valley, MN 55124.

I will be painting Sir William in acrylic (very fast-drying paint) on canvas during the auction. At the end of the night he'll go home with the winning bidder -- dry and ready to hang in a kid's room, laundry room, bath or anywhere that needs a bit of colorful whimsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment