Pinterest

Friday, February 10, 2012

Eagle and Hawk (photo post)

I'm doing a commissioned drawing of a bald eagle. Needed my own photos for reference, so I paid a visit to the Raptor Center at the U of M.  Many thanks to the staff there for welcoming me and showing me around.


Naturally I'll be turning this youngster's head white, in my drawing; I just needed his magnificent pose. The drawing is in progress and I'll post it in a couple hours when it's complete.


UPDATE: Okay, more than a couple hours. More like five hours, start to finish; that's a lot of feathery goodness, right there.

Below, a gorgeous red-tailed hawk in my favorite photo from yesterday's visit. I'll be drawing her simply because ... how could I not?


2 comments:

  1. I just know already that I am going to LOOOVVVE the Bald Eagle when it's done!!

    Looking forward to seeing them both...as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Can't wait to see the finished drawing!

    ReplyDelete