Pinterest

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fresh flower drawings

Orchids at Wuollet's Bakery, ballpoint pen and colored pencil, 7 x 7"
Click these images to enlarge and see the delicate details. The orchid, above, I drew while enjoying a red velvet cupcake on a summer afternoon. Fleeting things, recorded for years to come simply because I could.

Lilies at Robbin Gallery, 8 x 10.5", carbon pencil and white Conte pencil

These two drawings were done while I was on volunteer shifts at Robbin Gallery in Robbinsdale, MN. At the time, I lived not far away, so I walked from home to gallery, along the railroad tracks, gathering wildflowers as I went, using a discarded beer bottle as a makeshift vase.

The lilies, above, were at the gallery when I arrived.

Beer Bottle Wildflowers, 10.5 x 7", carbon pencil and white Conte pencil

These one-of-a-kind drawings -- originals, not reproductions -- are available at $75 each, with discounts for more than one. They come in a soft-white archival mat, ready to fit your standard 11 x 14" frame.

Click here for more flower drawings.




No comments:

Post a Comment