Pinterest

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Home and happy!

Yes, it is stupidly cold here in the Twin Cities. Yes, snow; yes, I had to move my truck at nine last night and eight this morning so I wouldn't get towed while the Snow Emergency proceeds (I am in St. Paul).

I love it here. I love it that I get to show at Robbin Gallery (open Tues, Weds, and Thurs 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., so you can get there after work; Friday and Saturday, noon to 4 p.m.; my reception is this Sunday, the 23rd, 4 to 8).

I love it that there are so many other artists all around me. Those of you who dig the stuff I do with salvaged objects should have a look at Allen Christian's work at the House of Balls. Kindred spirits.

I have another two Cracked Concrete pieces in progress. Never would have happened at all if I didn't have the Old Town Artists to work with. I'll be back in my studio tomorrow for figure drawing/painting night, and I can't wait.

I <3 Minnesota, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment