Pinterest

Thursday, April 11, 2013

What the heck is Saint Paul Art Crawl?

Orange Ranunculus, 10 x 8" oil on panel, is one of the pieces I'll have available at Art Crawl this month.
So what is Saint Paul Art Crawl, anyway? I've noticed, when I say "Art Crawl," people smile and nod, politely pretending to know what I mean.

Saint Paul Art Crawl is around 300 artists opening up their studios on one weekend and inviting everyone to come on in.  The bulk of these artists are in Lowertown St. Paul, but many (like myself) are part of "Crawl Off the Map" in other parts of town.

It's a busy weekend, with all kinds of people, and art, and everyone moving from one space to another. Crawl has a very relaxed atmosphere similar to an outdoor art fair.  Just without all the bugs and muddy spots.


                                             
I'll be making animal sketches, like the ones above, from people's photos "On the Spot," in about 20 to 30 minutes. I only do this at Art Crawl. Bring me a photo of your creature (all breeds and species welcome) and I will make a drawing while you're there. If you like the results, you hand me $20 and take it home.  If you don't have an animal, it's still fun to watch. I'm an instructor and if you're not careful you might learn some stuff by accident.

You'll find me with Josephine Geiger, Brenda Brousseau, and Christy Johnson, at J. A. Geiger Studio at 1647 Beech Street, just off 94 and White Bear. Parking on the street is free at our location.

No comments:

Post a Comment