Pinterest

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Let's play Spot the Lens Distortion

So, hi. Happy New Year, everyone!

I spent yesterday & the day prior getting my new website started and switching email providers (same address, more reliable service) and the good news is, my computer has no viruses.

Bad news:  I do. :-P

So I'm home, and I've got another black horse and another (mostly) white one that were put on hold while I dealt with technical stuff, and meanwhile this adorable photo just came in, for a drawing I'll be doing once the Pony Project is complete.


This is a pretty nice photo for art-making purposes. I'll have to undo the striped light from the blinds, yes, and there are some details I'll have to improvise around the nose and mouth, but the pose and expression are perfect and I can see the eyes really well.

Oh, and one particular thing got distorted by the camera. We're conditioned to looking at photos and so we fail to see this most of the time. It looks fine! But if you make a drawing that looks just like it, it'll look wrong.

Can you spot the problem I'll be correcting here?

1 comment:

  1. I may be wrong, but I would say the head is the distorted area. It looks too big for the dog's body.

    ReplyDelete