Pinterest

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

See? Dinosaur!


Meet Dominic. Now, this is surely not his real name; I don't know his name, because he is not my dinosaur, but he looks like a Dominic to me. He belongs to the Children's Science Museum and, as I understand it, he and his friends will soon be migrating south to Texas. For the moment, though, they're on the fourth floor of ACVR Warehouse here in St. Paul, which happens to be the same location as Old Town Artists, where my studio is.

So last night, my student showed up for a drawing lesson and I said, "Check this out. We have dinosaurs!"

Naturally, given the choice between the usual collection of Still Life Objects versus DINOSAURS, we chose to draw the dinos. The drawing above is my demo from last night. About 14" x 11", I think.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... Dinosaurs vs. still life objects... not a hard choice!

    Dominic reminds me of the dinosaurs in Sandra Boynton's "Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs"

    -wombat

    ReplyDelete