Pinterest

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Soap Factory Sunday

In a couple hours, I'll be at volunteer orientation at the Soap Factory, which is an art space in the old Mill District of Minneapolis. 

I love the building for itself and am intrigued with the things that are happening there, so have decided to get on board.  Volunteering gives me an opportunity to use a large communal studio space over the summer. 

Today it's pleasantly cool out but very rainy and gray.  I'll bring back Mill District photos on a day more conducive to photography.  I may use this day to draw; thinking I'll leave early and make some sketches before orientation begins.

4 comments:

  1. That is very cool! What a neat opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *grins*

    Yeah, I think so too. At the moment, getting ready to head on out, do some drawings before orientation begins.

    Guess I'd better Google up some directions, huh? I'm at the Greyhound House right now ... the world looks different from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tracie - you are one über connected volunteer! Thanks for coming to the volunteer orientation - we look forward to working with you!

    - Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in a much better place than Florida for what you want to do. So, happy for you.
    ~Dee

    ReplyDelete