Pinterest

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blue and Gold -- two Jays for March


Blue and Gold, 10 x 8" mixed media on cotton printmaking paper. Original sold; you can buy prints here.
These happened because a few people on Facebook voted for the Blue Jay as the next bird I ought to paint. Sounded good to me! I added forsythia for the lovely color contrast, immediately sold the first one, and then created a smaller second piece that same night.



Blue and Gold 2, 5 x 7" mixed media on cotton printmaking paper, available at $69, or buy prints here.
So now there are two, and they're making me happy, what with all the snow still on the ground around here. They're perfect greeting-card format images, too, so those will be coming soon to an Art Crawl (and a local retailer) near you. I will make two more Blue Jays and then it's on to the next bird, but which one?

Robins? Cardinals (which I've avoided because it seems like EVERYONE does cardinals)? Goldfinches? I don't even know. I'll have to have another round of voting.

1 comment:

  1. Cedar waxwings have a cardinal-like shape but different coloring. They're very pretty. Or red-winged blackbirds. I adore cardinals, but they do get a lot of love. Goldfinches are nice, though.

    ReplyDelete