Pinterest

Monday, October 1, 2012

Art Crawl Alert! But ... what's Art Crawl?

Click to enlarge the JA Geiger Studio Art Crawl postcard
Saint Paul Art Crawl is a very large twice-yearly open studio event. Basically, a bunch of artists open our studios to the public and put our work on display on the same weekend; it's like an outdoor art fair, but indoors. I'm showing as a guest artist at JA Geiger Studio, where parking is free because we aren't in Lowertown.

An "On the Spot" type portrait. They're approx. 8 x 10" large and ready to fit a standard ready-made 11 x 14" mat and frame; no custom framing required!
Some of us do live demos during Crawl. I do On the Spot Animal Portrait Sketches. Bring me your photo of your dog/cat/horse/bird/lizard/hamster (no, really -- I've drawn hamsters) or whatever you have, and I'll make a sketch in about 20 minutes, while you watch it happen. If you like the results, hand me $20 and take it home. Plan ahead, because it's first come, first served. In Spring, I ran out of time before I ran out of animals!

Consider this your invitation! (Click to enlarge images).


No comments:

Post a Comment