Pinterest

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Gathering Peonies While I May

Peonies at Josie's, 10 x 8" oil on canvas board, from yesterday afternoon.

So I'm home, in a sense: I am packing to move and my life right now is the kind of chaos that happens when you're packing to move.

Which is why I painted this before going home yesterday, instead of kidding myself that I'd get any painting done once I was back here.

Photographing these things is still difficult, though. This one, for example? Lost most of the blue and violet tones in its green areas, making them more vivid and less natural-looking than they are in reality. I've corrected as well as I can, but it's not enough to make me happy. I suppose the thing to do is ... come see them for yourself, when they go to a gallery. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment