Pinterest

Friday, September 18, 2009

Railroad walking


For starters, I'm not supposed to do this. It's dangerous, and I keep a careful watch for oncoming trains -- but so far I've never encountered one while out walking. The tracks are in daily use, though.



It's also the source of a fair amount of the materials I've been using for art lately. People toss things along the railroad right-of-way and I pick some of those things off the ground, take them home, and make other things. The Ladybug, the Green Gecko, the Crow King, all used wood I found along the tracks.

This evening I found a tiny chunk of wood that will become something new. I know exactly what I want to do with it, and that makes me happy. Walking the tracks rarely fails to improve my mood and give me new ideas. Dangerous or not, trespassing or not, I'm not going to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment